Viral Fever Symptoms and Treatment- A human’s normal body temperature is 98.4° F. If the temperature of the body exceeds the normal body temperature then it is considered as a fever. Viral fever is mainly one of the causes of the fever as it can spread easily from one person to another. It can spread easily from one place to another because of its contagious symptoms like sneezing and coughing. Whenever a person experiences fever that means his or her body is fighting for some type of bacterial or viral infection.
Viral fever means that body is infected by any viral infection which includes running nose, coughing, sneezing and an increase in temperature. This infection mainly infects those who have a weak immune system like small children and old people. Here we will discuss all Viral Fever Symptoms and Treatment and the recommended test for viral fever. First, let’s discuss what are the symptoms of viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
- Running of nose
- Body ache
- Muscles pain
- Feeling chills
- Sore throat
- Rise and fall in temperature
- Coughing and sneezing
- Irritation in eyes and nose
Now, let’s discuss what are the causes of a viral fever
Causes of a viral fever
Viral fever is caused by viral infection. Viruses are very tiny organisms that can be entering to an individual body easily from one person to another. They infect the body and multiply the infection. When a body is infected it experience fever automatically as it is a way of our body to fight any virus.
1- Cold and cough
When someone sneezes or coughs with a viral infection then the droplets containing the virus enter to the environment and when a healthy body inhaled in that environment then it can also consume the infection.
2- Contaminated food and drinks
Before consuming any food and drinks be aware of its contamination as it can be contaminated with viruses. If somebody eats that food then the virus can develop an infection.
Animals, insects and mosquito can carry viruses. If they bite someone, it can develop an infection. That result in viral infection, it includes viral fever and dengue fever.
4- Body fluids.
Viral fever is transmitted from one person to another through contact with the infected person’s bodily fluids.
Treatment for Viral Fever
1- TAKE PROPER REST
Viral fever is a sign that your body is working hard to fight off infection and need sufficient energy. So try to take proper bed rest. If you can’t spend the day in bed, try to avoid physical activity at day time and take proper sleep of 8 to 10 hours.
It is also advised not to do exercise at the time of infection as exertion can also raise the temperature of the body.
2- CONSUME MORE FLUIDS
The viral infection makes a body warmer than usual. This causes a body to sweat and leads to the loss of body fluid which can cause loss of water in the body. So try to drink as much as you can to complete the shortage of water in the body. It includes many fluids or drinks other than water like juices, soft drinks, soups etc.
3- STAY COOL
These are the following suggestions u can do to cool down your body safely:
- Just take a bath with lukewarm water.
- Wear light clothes.
- Use a fan to keep air circulating.
- Try to avoid using too many extra blankets when you have chills.
- Drink plenty of cool or room-temperature water.
- Take fresh fruits like watermelon and muskmelon.
Now let us discuss some preventive measures so that we cannot infect by any viral or bacterial infection.
- Drink only purifier clean water or boiled water.
- The mouth and nose should be covered with a mask or cotton cloth while coughing or sneezing.
- Keep surrounding clean and dry.
- Avoid eating street food as much as possible. Eat only home-cooked hot food.
- Drink warm water in intervals of every two hours and carry home-boiled water while travelling.
- Avoid visiting crowded places such as theatres or exhibitions.
- Cover your mouth and while travelling on a bike or sitting next to the window in a bus, car or train.
- Avoid getting wet in the rain.
Tips for kids to prevent viral infection:
- Parents must keep their children away from those who have an infection in the neighbourhood or school.
- Parents should also check the child’s nails regularly to prevent consumption of germs and dirt;
- Always aware their child about proper washing of hands and legs before and after meals and after using toilets.
- Give proper nutritious food with a balanced diet.
These are some preventive measures advised to take as they can prevent us from getting ill. Despite all this, we are getting ill and not getting cured then we recommend you to visit your family doctor so that the infection can be cured before it spread dangerously and pass on to other family members and in society.
Recommended Test for Viral Fever
Mainly doctors give you some antibiotics and ask to observe for two-three days. If the illness is not cured then the doctor recommends the patient for further tests to check the viral infection. These are as follows.
- TYPHI DOT IGG & IGM
Effective treatment is possible if a clinical diagnosis is made early. Book your fever panel test at an affordable price for viral fever at Dr KPR’s Lab. We have mentioned some test and explained about Viral Fever Symptoms and Treatment. If you have any query regarding this just, comment below.